McGill University’s Centre for Intellectual Property Policy and the Schulich School of Music hosted a one-day copyright conference entitled “Musical Myopia, Digital Dystopia: New Media and Copyright Reform”.
Webcast of it here – with good quality video (Windows Media) and slides.
The video is 3 1/2 hours long – so here’s the running order on the day:
9:00 – 9:15 DEANS’ WELCOME (Don McLean, Dean of Music – Nicholas Kasirer, Dean of Law)
9:15 – 10:45 THE DIGITAL RIGHTS MANAGEMENT DILEMMA
- David Lametti, McGill Faculty of Law (moderator)
- Bruce Lehman, International Intellectual Property Institute
- Ann Chaitovitz, US Patent and Trademark Office
- Michael Geist, University of Ottawa Faculty of Law
- Terry Fisher, Harvard University
10:45 – 11:00 Break
11:00 – 12:30 POLICY RESPONSES AND REACTIONS
- Sunny Handa, Blakes / McGill Faculty of Law (moderator)
- Charlie Angus, NDP
- Charles Morgan, McCarthy Tétrault
- Sandy Pearlman, McGill Faculty of Music